Monday, January 22, 2007

Have had better weekends

A bad weekend for me, healthwise. Friday night started feeling the beginings of a severe cough and cold. By the time I got up on Saturday afternoon (yes, afternoons are mornings for me on weekends), I was coughing real bad. Thought its a temporary thing and ignored it. Managed to worsen it by having a chilled beer at a friends place in Orlando on my way to watch Guru. Kept tossing and turning in bed saturday night, as I just could not stop coughing. And on Sunday my 'sour throat' had gone so bad, that it was painful to swallow anything solid. Had to remain on a liquid diet all day. Included in that was drinking warm water, which I swear to god is the worst tasting thing to drink. Finally gave in, got some cough syrup which made me so drowsy that I went to bed at 11.
As if this was not enough, the Patriots lost in the AFC champs game to Manning and the Colts. Yes, Brady-Bellichick lost a playoff game!! Well, thats it for the Pats this season.
Also watched the Mani Ratnam movie 'Guru' on saturday. Must say this, Mani Ratnam's movies almost always carry a social messege, this one did too. Only this time, i thought it was more 'anti-social' than 'social'. In a nutshell, an attempt is made to justify all the hook-or-by-crooks and one-way-or-the-others involved in the rags to riches story of an Indian businessman. Agreed, as a movie, its as good as you would expect from Mani. Dont really agree with its messege though. But, thats my opinion entirely.

But there was indeed some silver lining on the otherwise dark cloud that was this past weekend for me. India won a cricket game at last. Beat the West Indies although not real convincing in the end, but was good enough that they won. Another good news on the personal/professional front might be round the corner. Not ready to reveal that just yet...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pratik said...

reveal, reveal ... bahut time ho gaya abhi

9:36 AM  
Blogger Amit said...

patience, my friend!! waise even I dont know if there will be anything to reaveal ;)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home