Friday, December 22, 2006

A day at Tampa Bay



This game of American Football never really caught my attention until recently. I always used to wonder why they call it football when only 10% of the time, the ball touches the players' feet.
When I was in school here in the US, I used to hang out mostly with Indians and my exposure to this game was limited if any. But when I started working, I started feeling increasingly left out of the post game football discussions that my colleagues indulged in rather passionately on mondays.
So starting this season(football season starts in september), armed with a cable connection worth a small fortune, egged on by colleagues and inspired by friends, i entered the world of another sport. Being a sports freak as it is, it was'nt difficult for me to catch up and start taking part in those discussions which seemed so elusive not so long ago.
Having a football fan for a boss and a even bigger fan as a team lead helped. The company arranged for a football game trip on November 19th 2006. We went to watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers play the Washington Redskins. People with some football know-how will ask why such a crap game? well, because my boss is a redskins fan, thats why.
More than the game, the atmosphere really got to me.
The way the teams entered the arena, the fly past by one of the US Airforce planes that was arranged, the huge flags, the cheerleaders, everything added up to make the atmosphere absolutely electric. It was a small matter that the game itself was dull.
Made for a good day out, away from the mundane atmosphere of the office.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home